on Dec 12th, 2011 | 0 comments
In choosing the best dj headphones, you don’t go through the normal process of choosing just any headphone that fits your style and budget. Your standard in ear headphones just won’t cut it so forget about using those. In order to find the best dj headphones you would have to look for specific features that would satisfy your defined set of needs.
Features that make up the best dj headphones
- Comfort – Whether you’re djing for work or for fun, there is no doubt that you will spend hours and hours wearing the headphone. There is no point in buying a pair if you can’t stand the weight or feel. You would also need to pay particular attention to the comfort level whenever you let your headphones hang on your neck. So make sure you buy one that comes with a head pad.
- Durable – Don’t even think about investing in any of those cheap headphones. You don’t want your cans giving out on you while you’re in the middle of your gig. Your headphones will undergo immense torture – being yanked, beer splashes, and sweat are just some of the events your headphones will experience.
- Closed-back – this term refers to the ear cups which ensures noise isolation. Don’t go for dj headphones with open casings around the ear pieces since noise isolation may suffer and will push you to turn your volume up which could end up doing damage to your ears.
- Volume – Make sure that headphones are loud enough to handle clubs and parties.
- 1/4″ jack – iPod plugs have a 1/8″ jack and that is not what you will be needing. A 1/4″ jack is more common in dj mixers. Luckily, you can find converters. Some dj headphones also includes the 1/4 inch adapter which we believe is a better option.
Our recommendations for the Best DJ headphones in 2011
So far, we only have two choices. We’re cautiously staying away from headphones that easily break as this will soon cost you more money towards the end. Always remember that your dj headphones are investments and every penny you spend on them should be very well worth it.
Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones
The Pioneer HDJ-2000 is one of the most popular DJ headphones and probably the most preferred. It has been recommended by numerous DJs because both the price point and quality are spot-on.
- Snug fit – You will read this in every review, the Pioneer HDJ-2000 fits well and it fits comfortably too. Even after hours of DJing, your ears won’t feel fatiqued.
- Foldable – Even though it’s foldable, durability hasn’t suffered one bit. You can easily carry these headphones around.
- Build Quality is top-notch – these headphones will withstand constant abuse. Build quality has been consistently praised by professionals around the world.
Click here for the best price.
Beats Pro High-Performance Headphones
Without a doubt, the Beats Pro High-Performance Headphones is considerably one of the best dj headphones to date. It was made and designed for with sound enginners, DJs, musicians or hard core music lovers in mind. This dj headphone has thought of everything from the adapter to the flip-up ear cups. Below are the few things that we love about this headphone:
- Unique Flip-up Ear Cups – No need to take off the beats pro from your head. The ear cups can easily be rotated to free a single ear or both ears to monitor the room. This means the headphones will stay on your head the whole time.
- Gold plated 1/4-inch adapter – this ensures you’re ready for any kind of setup. Heck, you can even use it on your ipod
- Durable – these are rock solid
- Deep Bass and clear sound
Click here to get the best price!