on Mar 3rd, 2012 | 0 comments
Monster Copper Turbine PRO is the best headphone for 2012. Even without having to break them in for long hours, this in ear headphone performs outstandingly well. Exceeding most set expectations, we’re sure you won’t go wrong with this purchase. Both treble and bass are exceptionally rich.
Get this product now on sale at amazon and is fast becoming out of stock or read our review.
Replace your stock in ear headphones with the best in ear headphones!
You’re probably here either because you lost your stock in-ear headphones or you finally figured out that the stock ones aren’t the best in ear headphones in town. You’ve spent hundreds on your new mp3 player and yet you’re stuck with one cheap headphone. Now your new problem is getting the right one at the right price. You don’t need to shell out thousands of dollars for a great pair of in ear headphones, in fact, we have done the researching for you to provide you with a list of the best in ear headphones to date.
Criteria for being one of the best in ear headphone
Before anything else, let’s take a look at what type of features you need to take note of when evaluating in ear headphones or otherwise known as ear canal headphones.
- Sound quality – Obviously you will need to know if the sound quality is great, poor or just average. A few questions you must ask are: Is the bass strong or heavy? Is the sound clear? Which tone dominates the most? Is the volume too low?
- Sound balance – Is the sound balanced well overall? Or will the specific headphone not be good for listening to rock music or podcasts?
- Noise Reduction – One of the benefits and actual use of the in ear headphone is it’s ability to block out outside noises.
- Comfort – when evaluating comfort, one must take note of the fit and the ability of the headphones to stay put especially if it’s being used for sports or exercise.
- Build Quality – Some may not like the thing wires, some may find the ear buds too cheap or some headphones may not just last as long as you’d expect them to be.
- Value for Money – And of course, we cannot take the product’s price out of the evaluation process. But this is not a matter of expensive or cheap, it’s a matter of the value of the item you’re planning to get. Is it a great value for money or is it extremely expensive for what it’s truly worth?
What are the best headphones for 2012?
Below is our top 5 choices for the best headphones.
Monster Copper Turbine PRO Headphones with ControlTalk
- Price Range: $400-$430- Click here for the best price
- If you are serious about sound quality then this is the right in ear headphone for you. This has got to be the best in ear headphone in the market to date and we have yet to see anything that comes close to this.
- Bass is clear and clean, may tend to be bass-centric but is still is perfect for any type of music
- Still not convinced? Read our review.
Sennheiser IE 8i Earphone Headset
- Price Range: $500-$600 – Click here for the best price
- Even at it’s price, the amount of reviews this IEM has been getting has been consistently been positive. Yes it’s pricey, but the price is well worth it especially if you’re a serious audiophile.
- Perfect for iPhone, iPad and iPod users
- Tunable bass frequency response to fit your specific aural tastes
Bose® MIE2i mobile headset
- Price Range : $120- $130 – Click here for the best price
- The Bose MIE2i is first and foremost made by the superb Bose brand who boasts tremendous experience in providing quality products.
- Built specifically with Apple products in mind which not only include the iPod, iTouch models but also the iPhone. This is a very positive feature since a lot of in ear headphones do not provide the best quality when dealing with voice calls.
- StayHear feature is effective in providing both comfort and stability even while you are on the go. No need to keep on adjusting the tips or constantly securing the headphones in your ear. Best of all, it comes in three sizes to fit listeners while providing utmost comfort
Etymotic ER23-HF3-BLACK HF3 In-Ear Headset
- Price Range : $130- $180 – Click here for the best price
- If you are looking to use your in ear headphone primarily for apple products, this is your best bet. It is made specifically to work well with the iPod, iPad or iPhone.
- It’s the next generation headphone following the multi-awarded hf2 series
- Thoroughly reviewed by other sites and has gained ranking score within the range of 8 to 10 stars.
- Includes a mic and a 3 button remote for additional functionality
- Basically, at it’s current price, this is a steal for the quality you are getting. But if you want to use your headphones specifically to listen to music (one without a mic, you’re better off with the Bose mie2i
- Monster Turbine High-Performance In-Ear Speakers
- Price Range : $90- $180 – Click here for the best price
- Apart from the strong 4 star review with from over 400+ customers, this in ear headphone is also boasting one of the biggest price slashes which can only be attained through amazon. Don’t believe us? Check the link for yourself and you will see the price is well hidden.
- Isolating ear tips are surprisingly very effective in blocking out external noises
- Packing makes it look like it’s worth a thousand dollars (hint for those looking to buy these as gifts)
If you’re serious about sound quality, we generally don’t recommend “cheap headphones” as they tend to lose their quality overtime. We highly suggest for anyone looking to experience excellent sound quality to invest in any of the headphones above. They have proven to perform even after years of use. Unless you need headphones for specific needs like for sports, for mobile phones, or for dj purposes, you can’t go wrong with our choices above.
Best place to buy headphones
Based on hours of research and recommendations, most headphones can be bought over at amazon.com. They offer huge discounts with free shipping to boot. Be sure to check out the ‘More Buying Choices’ at the right hand side for other vendor choices.